What kind of jewelry stands the test of time? A timeless design carries year after year, from everyday life to celebration and from one generation to the next.
A timeless jewelry also must stand the test of time in its more literal sense – everyday wear-resistant jewelry is high quality in material and designed for everyday use. A durable piece of jewelry respects the life around it. It can only be realized through ethics and ecology.
We want timelessness to be at the heart of Luv North. That is why our jewelry uses high-quality, durable and ethically produced, recycled materials that, when well cared for, can withstand everyday wear and tear and remain beautiful from year to year. You can find more information about the materials of your jewelry and their care instructions here.
14 CARAT GOLD
14k solid gold is the match for an active lifestyle. It hardly scratches and doesn’t bend or wear as rapidly as 18k solid gold. Luv North gold jewelry is made from 100% recycled 14 carat gold. Gold jewelry charms not only their beauty but also their durability: gold jewelry does not oxidize or discolor and is more resistant to wear than gilded jewelry. You will find the 585 stamp on our gold jewelry.
- Regularly clean your jewelry of accumulated grease and dirt.
- For cleaning, you can use either cleaning cloths from gold shops or warm water and mild soap.
- Polish the jewelry with a soft clean cloth.
- Store your gold jewelry in a dry place.
GOLD PLATED SILVER
Gold-plated silver jewelry is a more affordable alternative to genuine gold jewelry. However, unlike gold-colored metal jewelry, gold-plated silver can also be re-gilded as needed, allowing the jewelry to last virtually forever.
Our gold-plated silver jewelry is made from recycled 925 silver (min 80% recycled) and is gilded with 24 carat gold. Gilding is done in a safe (non-toxic) fashion. We use 2.0 microns thick plating over sterling silver. All of our 24k gold mint pieces are stamped with “925”. Jewelery gilding lasts for normal use, but in daily use, gilding eventually erodes due to abrasion from clothes and rubbing of the buckle and loops against each other. The speed at which the gold plating wears will depend for instance from skincare products used, level of perspiration and skin PH. This is why it is so important to take special care of your gilded jewelry.
- When not in use, store gold-plated silver jewelry in a dry, airtight container.
- Jewelry should also be removed before hand washing, showering or playing sports. This is the best way to avoid oxidation and tarnishing
- Wear the jewelry only after you have added moisturizer, perfume and other cosmetics to your skin.
- Clean the jewelry regularly with a cleaning cloth or mild soap and warm water. IMPORTANT: Gold-plated jewelry requires more care. Using your toothbrush very intensely may cause the gold plating to wear away, so it is very important that you do this process very carefully to avoid eroding the gold plating
- If you want a new gilding of your Luv North jewelry, we can do it for you (contact: email@example.com).
Our 925-labeled Sterling silver jewelry is made of 92.5% silver and 7.25% copper. We only use recycled silver in our jewelry (min 80% recycled silver). Each silver producer and the origin of the supplier is verified.
One of the natural properties of silver is that it can change color or darken over time. Silver jewelry that has been well cared for, lasts a long time.
- When not in use, store the silver jewelry in a dry, airtight container. Jewelry should be stored away from direct Sunlight and heat, in a protective (lined) jewelry box Luv North boxes are not made for airtight storage – tarnishing will occur over time.
- The jewelry should also be removed before washing hands, showering or playing sports. This is the best way to avoid oxidation and tarnishing
- Wear the jewelry after you have used a moisturizer, perfume and other cosmetics to your skin.
- Clean the jewelry regularly with a cleaning cloth or mild soap and warm water. You can use a soft children’s toothbrush for cleaning.
Text: Suvi Annola, Photos: Mikael Kuitunen